Jen Sincero is a world-traveling success coach with an approach to personal growth that is refreshingly clear and amusing.
You Are A Badass teaches you how to recognize and modify self-sabotaging attitudes and habits that come in the way of your objectives and how to generate money while doing so.
For the next ten minutes, join us to discuss how to be a badass in business and life.
Part 1: How You Got This Way
We all have a conscious and subconscious mind as humans. Our conscious mind is in charge of processing all of our data, while our subconscious mind controls feelings and impulses.
The blueprint for our lives is stored in our subconscious mind. It's running the show based on the unfiltered knowledge it gave us as children, which we call "beliefs."
The first step in overcoming restricting subconscious beliefs is to recognize them. Consider the fundamental ideas you've formed in your life for a moment.
Whatever you name it (God, the Universe, Source Energy, etc. ), there is something that surrounds and encompasses you. You may use it to its full potential. We are all linked to this infinite power, and most of us are only utilizing a portion of it.
The underlying notion is that if you focus on things that make you happy, you will find (attract) more of the same. To tune into someone, you must elevate your frequency to match their energy.
To genuinely boost your vibration, you must think that you have access to anything you desire. Staying connected to The Universe is the greatest method to keep this idea strong. The key is to get both sides – energy and action – to operate together.
It's not that we don't have access to the goods and opportunities we desire in life. It's only that we aren't aware of their existence yet (or the fact that we can really have them).
"Ego" refers to our false self, the part of us that is afraid of being genuinely seen and requires a lot of external validation to feel good enough. Your Ego acts according to your erroneous limiting beliefs to keep you secure within the world you've built based on those beliefs (can also be referred to as your comfort zone).
Your Ego will try everything in its power to prevent you from changing and developing, especially because you're seeking to erase the very identity that you and everyone else has come to recognize as "you."
Whatever happens, keep on track because there's nothing like seeing your entire world morph into one that is a perfect reflection of you.
It's a zoo when it comes to self-perception. We torment ourselves with the worry of being incompetent, worthless, sluggish, or terrible. But it's just as simple to think we're fantastic. So, become one of your own ardent supporters.
Part 2: How to Embrace Your Inner Badass
We're born knowing how to trust our instincts, eat just when we're hungry, not give a damn what other people think, and love without reservation. Then we mature, and many of these perceptions are replaced with erroneous ideas, fear, guilt, and self-doubt.
To embrace compassion, joy, and thankfulness, we must love ourselves enough to let go of guilt, resentment, and judgment. Here are some ideas about how to go about it:
- Take note of how unique you are.
- Immerse yourself in positive affirmations.
- Make time for the activities you enjoy.
- Start prioritizing your needs.
- When being harsh on yourself, pay close attention to your self-talk and develop a new and better reaction.
- Stop making jokes about yourself. Eventually, harmless jokes can develop into dangerous ideas.
- Instead of retorting with a disclaimer, accept praises politely.
- Don't measure yourself against others.
- Please pardon yourself.
- It is the Holy Grail of pleasure to love oneself.
Each person is born with one-of-a-kind and priceless gifts to share with the world. We are in sync with our best, most powerful selves when we offer what we were sent here to provide. Here's how to figure out who you are and what you're meant to do:
- Consider things from the viewpoint of an extraterrestrial.
- Take the initial step in the correct direction.
- Wherever you are, give it your all.
- Avoid reinventing the wheel.
- Don't wait for a revelation that will change your life.
- Pay attention to your gut instincts.
- Follow your dreams.
- Take care of yourself.
Part 3: How to Tap Into the Motherlode
Meditation offers several advantages. It does the following:
- draws us into the current moment
- increases our frequency
- enables us to receive limitless information and ideas
- soothes us
- reduces stress
- solidifies our intuition and mental focus
- lets us hear our internal monologue more clearly
- pours us with light and love
- puts us in a positive mood
- assists us in loving ourselves
Sitting in a comfortable posture, closing your eyes, and focusing on your breathing is the ideal approach to meditating. It will go in and out of your body, so keep an eye on it. As ideas come, gently let them go and return your attention to your breathing.
Begin with short lengths of time, such as five or ten minutes, then gradually increase to longer intervals. Set a timer to avoid being distracted. Do it first thing in the morning if possible. To encourage you, use a guided meditation.
The most powerful instrument we have is our mind. Your reality will begin to transform the instant you have the bravery to start believing in the unseen. You must first adjust your mindset, after which the proof will arrive. Here are some ideas about how to go about it:
- Maintain your focus on your objective and be on the lookout for possibilities.
- Begin the manifestation process by asking for what you want.
- Make it up as you go along.
- Enhance your surroundings.
- Create a vision board to help you achieve your goals.
- Associate yourself with individuals who share your point of view.
- Take care of yourself.
- To keep your dream alive, connect with your young self.
- Assume the mindset of "I'm simply trying to see what I can get away with."
- Find out what makes you lose track of time and do more of those activities.
- Continue to remain a novice.
- One of our greatest pleasures is giving. Send greatness out to everyone around you if you want to attract extraordinary things and feelings into your life.
- Gratitude is defined as a knowledge of and profound appreciation for life's many marvels.
- Miracles will come into your life if you have grateful anticipation that they will.
Emotional sorrow is unavoidable in life, but the instant you choose to forgive and let go of your bad emotions, you are on your way to happiness. Here are a few ideas:
- Kindness to yourself and others is essential.
- Remove the other person from the equation for a more productive and enjoyable response.
- Decide that being happy is more important than being correct.
- Examine it from every aspect.
- Before you could even cut loose, you may need to get it out of your system. Realize that in 3 years, you won't even remember this. Take care of yourself.
Part 4: How to Get Over Your BS Already
Your reality is shaped by what you choose to focus on. How we choose to see our reality determines our whole experience in this world.
Recognize the stories you're telling yourself. Recognize what you're getting out of them. There's obviously something about it that you're receiving if you're continuing something bad in your life because of a narrative. Keep a journal of the phony benefits you receive from them. Each prize should be replaced with a new, dramatic tale.
Almost always, it isn't a lack of experience that keeps us from achieving our goals, but rather a lack of commitment to do what it takes to succeed. We are all far more knowledgeable than we give ourselves credit for.
Simply begin. Now. Whatever it takes, do it. Because it's so simple, procrastination is one of the most common types of self-sabotage. You'll find a way if you're serious about altering your life. You'll find an excuse if you're not.
Note that "done" is preferable to "perfect." Take note of where you stall and keep going. Make sure you have someone to hold you accountable. Calculate how much time you'll need to do the task and anything else until the timer starts ticking.
Most of our sorrow and suffering are caused by the unneeded drama we make in our lives. You may make whatever you want, but you must sincerely desire it.
If you're feeling overwhelmed, divide your work into manageable chunks. Seek some outside help if you're feeling completely lost and unorganized. Invest in a coach or seek advice from a successful buddy. Make a to-do list for yourself. Delegate as well. You do not have to accomplish everything on your own.
Fear is something that will exist in the future. Dread is a genuine sensation, but the fear itself is made up since it hasn't happened yet. Your liberation is on the other side of your fear.
Reflect back on a scary thing you did in the past to help you overcome your fears. It no longer terrifies you, right? The majority of your anxieties are mental, and once you realize this, they will lose their influence over you.
Look at it from a new angle if you find yourself allowing fear to push you about. Break it down to see what you're actually terrified of, and then turn it around. Stay present, don't worry about anything stressful before going to bed, and love yourself.
The people you hang out with are fantastic reflections of who you are and how much (or little) you love yourself. Never feel the need to apologize for who you are. Here are some suggestions that may be useful:
- Take note of the things that irritate you in other individuals and apply what you've learned to your own undesirable traits.
- And keep in mind that no matter how much you work on yourself, toxic individuals will always exist. They should be avoided.
Part 5: How to Kick Some Ass
When you choose, you must stick to it no matter what obstacles are thrown in your way. Nobody reaches the peak of the mountain without repeatedly falling flat on his face. The only way to fail is to give up. Everything else is just data collection.
Making decisions is a form of liberty. Indecision is excruciating. Make a commitment, and then stick to it. There is no room for wiggle room when it comes to making decisions. Be prepared to fall down, get back up, weep, laugh, create a mess, clean it up, and keep going until you reach your destination. Whatever the case may be.
Make grandiose plans. When you raise your expectations of what's possible and choose to go for it, you open yourself up to the resources you'll need to make it happen.
If you really want to make money, you must overcome your fear of money, whether conscious or subconscious. Come from a position of plenty, not scarcity, since your thoughts are the key to your financial success.
Write down your thoughts about money and rework any bad stories you have about it. Improving oneself is one of the most effective ways to help the world. So go obtain some cash if you need it to enhance your life.
Instead of stagnating and settling, successful individuals keep pushing forward with each new obstacle. Continue to go ahead, to progress, and to overcome hurdles. You must constantly have trust.
Get rid of your negative behaviors. Continue to breathe normally. Spend time with folks who are kicking their asses. Set realistic objectives. Make a manifesto and recite it out. Get some help from a coach or mentor. Take care of yourself. You're a true badass.