You are poor because you have no ambition.
The article starts off with a smack on your face. If you have not been getting results in your life, subject yourself to successful speakers that "smacks" you awake. Life is too short to allow comforted words ("comfortable is good","im contented and happy", etc) to cheat you through it. I love having successful people be real that and tell you as it is. It wakes you up and remind you not to be pampered like a baby. That is why i love listening to Grant Cardone and now, Jack Ma. If you get offended by him, it doesn't matter to him at all because he is already (way up) at the top, but absorb what he has to say and make it a constant reminder to yourself that you got to wake up and not sleep through adult life. Let's continue with his whipping..
"Jack Ma: People lose out in life because of these 4 reasons:
- Being myopic to opportunity
- Looking down on opportunities
- Lacking understanding
- Failing to act quickly enough"
Here comes the biggest smacking.
- You are poor because you do not have the desire to become successful.
- You are poor because you lack foresight.
- You are poor because you cannot overcome your cowardice.
- You are poor because you lack the courage and determination.
- With ambition you can overcome all inferiority and maximise your potential!
- With ambition you can persevere, continuously learn new things and strive for perfection.
- With ambition you can defy all odds, and create miracles when others daren’t.
No matter how poor your family is, do not doubt your own abilities and lose sight of your ambition.
- When your family deems you worthless, no one will pity you.
- When your parents do not have money to pay the medical bills, no one will pity you.
- When you are beaten by your competitors, no one will pity you.
- When your loved ones abandon you, no one will pity you.
- When you have not accomplished anything by the time you are 35, no one will pity you.
Go big, or go home. Otherwise, you’re wasting your youth."